Wow, 7/1/22 and it's 5 years since formally going into business as Hawaii5500 LLC.
What an interesting and unbelievable five years it's been, personally, professionally and globally.
I'm happy to say that Hawaii5500 is thriving and continues to grow.
Mahalo to all who believe in us.
Just released – 2021 Retirement Plan Limits. There were only a few limits that changed, of note:
Note that the following limits remain the same for 2021:
Some thoughts to consider when choosing a service provider:
A bill has been introduced to increase the automatic cashout limit for terminated participants from $5,000 to $8,000. Hawaii5500 will keep you updated.
Stay tuned for updates regarding the recently passed SECURE Act as well as Hardship Withdrawal Amendment requirements.
It's the 5th of the Month so it's 5500 Day.
Having just hit my one year anniversary as Hawaii5500 LLC, here are 5 thoughts:
1. Mahalo to my clients and referral sources who have continued to do business with me and refer new business to me
2. Please remember to exclude social security numbers from unencrypted files and emails
3. Have you reviewed your retirement plan related fees for their reasonableness?
4. Wrap Plan documents for health and welfare benefit plans have multiple purposes. Contact me if you'd like to learn more.
5. Finally, mahalo to past mentors and role models who have helped me (sometimes inadvertently) get where I am today to be able to provide compliance services to my clients
It's the 5th of the month, so it's....5500 day!
The constant rains this year have finally slowed down. Please let me know if you'd like to walk 5500 steps either through Kalihi, Downtown, Kaneohe, Kailua, Ka Makana Ali`i or anywhere of your choice.
The Hawai`i Community Foundation provides opportunities to support victims of the recent flooding on Kauai and in East Oahu, as well as the ongoing victims of the current eruption on the Big Island of Hawai``i.
Hawaii Community Foundation